Sunday, June 7, 2009

Leilani's First Beach Trip

Savannah turns two this month and so what better way to celebrate than to have a birthday party at the beach. What an awesome day this was. The whole family was able to make it out the beach for the first time in who knows how long. We could not remember the last time we all made it there. With Greg and Veronica moving to Hawaii it may be the last for a while. 

We really wanted to see how Leilani would like it. She did not like it. She loved it. She loved the sand. She loved the water. She was just in heaven. Her mom thought the water was too cold to go in but Leilani loved it. I soaked her feet in it and she wanted more. That is my little girl!!! She played in the sand for a long time. She tasted  a lot of it too. She has had 5 baths since she has got home and we are still finding sand in different crevices . We got there about 1 and stayed until about 9:30. She was a good sport the whole time.  The day had swimming, football, fish tacos, hot dogs, watermelon, cupcakes, and top it all off smores and great fire that burned nice and warm. Thank you everyone that went. It was a ton of fun. 

Mommy and Leilani chillin' in the sun.

Christian was showing us how to make sand castles.

Leilani was a little iffy about it all when we first got there. 

Makin' smores by the fire. 

This is how to eat a smore. 

This was Leilani's first time touching the ocean. 

Happy Birthday Savy!!

She just tuned 11 months. I love the hair.

I like watching the boys play together. 

Two cute little California Girls. 

She could not get enough of the sand. 

I loved this picture. It really was an awesome day.

Leilani helped burry Chase. He loves the sand more than any person that I have ever seen in my life. 

7 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

Love all the pictures! It was fun to watch everyone having a good time. I hope we can make it to one more beach trip before Greg leaves. I really love your favorite pic of Leilani.

Michelle said...

SO fun and cute pics! I love Leilani's wind blown look...it suits her! :) Fun,Fun,Fun!!!

Can you send me any pics you got of my fam so I can do a post with pics...lol...thanks!

Darci said...

I love their matching swimsuits! How cute:) Cool new blog layout.

Theodora Salanoa said...

It looks like you all had such a great time. Thank goodness the weather didn't get too ugly.... and I must agree, your favorite picture of Leilani is a great one.

Monty and Kristin said...

Those are great pictures! LOVE THE NEW BLOG LAYOUT! YOU"RE AWESOME AT THAT!! It was fun to watch Leilani LOVE the beach so much. Thanks for taking pictures of my boys...so i can remember them having fun.

The Rich's said...

oohhh..i love her little swimsuit and cover up!!!!! she is awesome...can't believe how big she is!

Mammy said...

Those pictures make a great memory of that wonderful day. It was magical, and so are the pictures--although it would have been fun to have a couple of pics of the football game!