Monday, February 23, 2009

A fun trip to Grandma and Grandpa's House

This past Wednesday Lizeth was talking with Dustin and Michelle and found out they were heading up to Utah to see Grandpa and Grandma Peterson. We decided that we might just do the same and worked it out. Work was nice enough to give me friday off and so we headed up early friday morning. Early like 3:00am early. The drive was about 8 hours and Leilani was an absolute doll the whole time. She slept most of the way. She woke up and just kind of enjoyed looking around. We were really grateful. We had a great visit with Grandmother. She is very sweet. Leilani put on a great show for her. I was really happy to get them together. We also got to visit with Grandpa in the hospital. Leilani was a little scared of him at first but warmed up to him quickly. They smiled and held hands for a little while. It was a pretty touching moment. 

My cousin Alicia came down from Salt Lake with her little angel Brooklyn. I have to say that she is as cute as all of the pictures I have seen of her. Leilani was fascinated by watching Brooklyn, Christian, and Chloe play. The kids were just too cute for words. It was a really fun trip. Like always it went too fast but it was nice. Leilani gets to meet her awesome Grandma Carol at my brother Andy's wedding in a couple of weeks. I feel so lucky to have the grandparents that I have and for the chance for them to be in my daughters life. I really have been blessed.

So this was taken the first night. We had driven 8 hours and then spent all day up. When it was finally time for us to sleep this was our obstacle. She wanted nothing to do with sleep. It was happy time.


This is Leilani's first time meeting her Great Grandpa Peterson.

Great Grandmother Peterson and Leilani sharing a moment. ---Notice the finger. She is saying "Daddy is number one."

It was great to see Brooklyn and Alicia. Both are cute and as sweet as can be. Thanks for coming down and seeing us.

Leilani did a few new things to show off for Great Grandmother. This is her standing on her own for the first time. She is leaning against the table but it is a first. Good job girl.


All of the kids loved these little frog toys that they had at the house. Leilani loved eating them. They must have been really good. I don't know. I did not try one.

My brother Dustin's kid Christian had a good time beating the heck out of this tree with a stick. He loves that backpack. It is loaded with toy trains that he takes everywhere with him. He really is an awesome kid. We got to throw a little bit of snow at each other while we were up there.

This is a shot for my brothers to remind them it is always fun for everyone at Grandpa's house.


5 comments:

Michelle said...

All I can say it that in that pic of the 3 girls, someone needs to get that one on the left a hair brush!!! Man, that hair is out of control!! LOL

Glad you guys could come along...it was a great trip!

Caitlin said...

Okay, I just died laughing about the picture of Christian beating the heck out of the tree. Haha! So cute! I'm so glad you guys had fun and Jared and I were so sorry we couldn't be there to hang out. That's the army for ya'.

Monty and Kristin said...

I'm so glad you guys made it up there to see Grandma and grandpa. That's awesome! I love all the pictures!! Precious moments. Glad you had a good, safe trip. Love ya

The Rich's said...

RYAN AND LIZETH!!! SOOO GOOD to see the two of you and your sweet daughter, i am sad to hear for your sake that she didnt' want to go to sleep after the long day, but at LEAST you got a great pic out of it!!! Thanks for making the trip up, it was great to hang out!

Veronica Peterson said...

It was fun when you guys got back home and visit here with us. Chase loves when you come. I don't think we've told you Ryan but he prays that you can come over and play with him some Games.
Leilani is sure a doll and it was cute watching her clap with you. I'm glad you had a good time on your trip.