Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our little cook!!!!

So Leilani loves to help out in the Kitchen. Every Saturday morning I like to make a big breakfast and she is always right there with me pouring, mixing, measuring, ....... you know all that fun stuff. She turns a 15 minute job into a 2 hour project but it is a ton of fun. She loves it. It testsn my patience some times but it really makes for precious memories.
A couple nights ago Lizeth and I were spending time with my inlaws and we got home about 9:30. Leilani was wide awake when we got home and wanted it to be kitchen time. She pointed to the kitchen and then started to point at things. I put a little of it all in her bowl and let her stir it for a while. Then I sat her at the table and let her eat her self created meal. It was a lot of fun.

Here is Leilani mixing her creation.

Gold fish, raisins, and half a cookie. YUM!!

She did eat about half of it. The rest ended up somewhere. I'm not really sure exactly where.

She will fold her arms and close her eyes for pray before meals as long as there is nothing on the table in front of her.

She had a cupcake for dessert tonight. I thought it would a lot messier. As soon as she got any frosting on her hand she would hold it up to me and not rest until I had cleaned it off of her. She will be my little OCD Princess.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Great memories for sure. Her and Christian can share the OCD issues!!! LOL

Monty and Kristin said...

I hope you guys keep doing that...enjoying making breakfast together. That will be one of her memories of childhood and what little girl doesn't need or love memories of things she did with her dad. Besides, in a few years she might surprise you on a day other than Saturday with a nice warm breakfast. I love that she loves to cook. And can pray. So sweet. That picture could be in the church handbook. Sweet.

Veronica Peterson said...

She is so sweet and its even sweeter when you get to have fun with your children. I love all the pictures you posted. What great memories!

Mammy said...

What a darling little cook! And she may be the clean-as-you-go kind! You're a lucky dad and mom! I'm really worried that your next baby is going to be a normal boy instead of a perfect princess. Oh, well. You'll enjoy him just as much! Maybe . . .